January 17, 2010

Please accept my apologies!

"I'm sorry...so sorry...please accept my apologies" (a song in a show that I'm doing right now). I feel such remorse for letting this little blog go. In all honesty I have let myself, my house, and everything else go lately. So, this morning I tried extra hard to make myself a little prettier, I have been obsessed with decorating ideas, and I am planning on doing a little more blogging. Most of it will probably be decor ideas since that is where my mind is these days!
I have no idea why this picture looks all smoky and faded...it looked normal in my picasa folder! Hmmm, weird!
Loft style at Ethan Allen! They have a little style quiz you can take and then you can explore different rooms based on your decor style. I scored METRO but when I looked at the pics I think I tend to lean more toward LOFT style, but I really like both! To bad they didn't have an "I'm broke therefore I'll make anything work" style. Oh well, I didn't really expect that from Ethan Allen! PS I found a houndstooth rug at Wal-Mart for super cheap that I'd love to put in my living room (the room of focus right now)! To bad I'll be needing something a little more absorbent for the piano and the loud screaming children.

I saw this photo on decor pad! It is my new favorite website! There are forums for decorating ideas, lots and lots of photos for inspiration, and best of all a "look for less" section dedicated to helping you pull off high style for lower cost. Too bad even the lower cost stuff is out of my zero dollar price range! Still, you should check it out HERE!

Now, since I really have next to nothing to spend on decorating right now I have been searching and searching for DIY stuff. I saw this idea on design sponge! I think I could pull that off as well. I just wonder if I will or not! Hmmm...we'll see I guess.
Here is the link for design sponge! You need to look at their DIY section. Great ideas!

And yet another great chair from Ethan Allen. I didn't even bother looking at the price for this puppy but I think maybe I could find fabric like that and use in on that chair that I got from goodwill a few months ago!
If you have any fun ideas for me let me know!
In the next couple of days I'll show you an awesome blog with lots and lots of great DIY ideas! You'll love it. (Afterthought) If you even still read this pitifully sad and lonely blog anymore. Helloooo? Anyone there?

4 comments:

My Strawbabies said...

I love this room! The rug is so fun and different! And the rick-rack shows a little sense of humor! Love it! Would chose it for myself if I wasn't currently subscribing to the "I'm broke and we'll make anything work" look.

A. Schoonie said...

thanks for all the blog suggestions. i need to make some inexpensive design changes but it is tough! i am too conservative and i think i am afraid i will screw things up so i just keep sticking to basic, which is quite boring:)

Mrs. Nettles said...

I hope you get this since this was a while ago you posted this... but TARGET online has chairs almost exactly like that in awesome fabrics... reasonable price compared to Ethan Allen... they are on my wish list as well!
there are tons... kinda hard to find on the site... look under swoop arm chair and slipper chair.

Mrs. Nettles said...

or upholstered chairs... heres a link

http://www.target.com/Athens-Upholstered-Chair-Smoke/dp/B001TIBFJC/ref=in_de_display_children_0?ie=UTF8&altString=Athens%20Upholstered%20Chair%20-%20Smoke