I am a stay at home mom. It is my JOB to be home, take care of the kids and the house and the laundry and the food and the errands and the husband...and on and on!
I have been trying really hard to stay on top of things better. It started with keeping the house clean. It worked!
Then I tried to focus on my morning scripture studies with the kids...ok was going strong.
THEN I tried to add in consistent exercise. I have been doing great at that for a few weeks now....but wait the house is now suffering! Oh and the scripture studying is getting shaky.
THEN about a week ago I was driving Miss Olivia home from Ballet when she says something that breaks my heart. "Mom, I can't wait to be a mommy like you" (my heart swells) she continues, "but when I'm a mom I'm going to play with my kids whenever they ask!" (enter the sound of a heart breaking!) I used to be the playful fun mom. But while I played the house suffered. Kids are #1 so I need to get BACK to that place. How is it possible to do all things and be all things. I see so many people (from the outside of their lives of course) and they appear to have it all together. The cleaning, the laundry, the happy playful kids, the service, the church responsibilities, the crafty projects, EVERYTHING! So if you happen to be reading this and feel that you are one of those "together" people then PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE tell me your secret! I NEED TO KNOW!





3 comments:
The problem is looking around and thinking others are doing it all! I suffer from the same disease. The only way I get by and keep reaching over and over again to try to do everything my job requires is by telling myself that I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE. All those others that look like they are catching that ball, are really just dropping balls somewhere else. No one can catch them all! Do your best, figure out what YOUR priorities are and then try to have fun playing the game! :)
If it makes you feel any better I don't even have it that together! most days I feel accomplished to even keep it from falling apart! I just remember "one day at a time " and on really tough days " This to shall pass" !
Love to you all!
That person doesn't exist! You are doing great...I look at you that way ;)
Post a Comment