September 15, 2009

Pimp my derby car!

Hi, this is Sally. :)
So at church we had a family pinewood derby. There were NO RULES...(except no chemical reactions or explosions). I expected all sorts of crazy things like propellers, remote controls, and engines. Alas there were many who talked the talk and few who walked the walk!
Anyhow, since our cars were quite the crafty endeavor I decided to share them here.

Mason had the championship car! FIRST PLACE!!!! Wahoo!!!! Our secret was the super heavy magnet underneath (remember NO RULES) and silicone stuff on the wheels. VROOOOOOOOOOM!!!

The princess car was surprisingly fast as well. She didn't place but that silicone stuff was awesome to get her car moving right along. She was mostly just excited about Sleeping Beauty driving and having glitter involved.
See the remote control car at the top of the picture? I expected to see more attempts as such!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Tara L. said...

Cute cars and cute blog Sally. I love it!

Mandy and Kalen said...

Cute Sal! I want a good camera like yours. You get GREAT pictures!

Katie Dotson said...

Those are the best derby cars I have ever seen! Great job sis!!!