April 19, 2010

Little by little!

Hi there!

Remember this table? I actually finished it quite some time ago, I have just been way too busy, traveling to Utah and dealing with sick kids....AGAIN, to get it posted.

This is not the best picture but the table's not too bad eh? There are some things about it that need fixing but I'll get around to that someday I suppose. The spray primer that I used had issues and so some parts of the table have way more texture than I wanted. I was tired and just wanted to finish it. I should have run to buy a non faulty bottle but I thought I could live with it! I probably can't dagnabit! Oh well!


Ok and remember the fabric that I was waiting for? Well it came and I was anxious to do something with my purchase. So I tore apart an old red lamp shade. I saved the the red pieces and (very sloppily) cut out pieces in this fun orange. With a little time, hot glue, and some great folding skills...WALA! I saved the white lining from the red shade and re-attached it inside the lamp. Not bad! This is my first shade recovering attempt. I dare say I'd do it again!

As for the rest of the fabric well some of them were not what I expected. I did love the Amy Butler, Belle/ Duck Egg though. So, I've decided to do most of the pillows in that fabric. If only I could find enough courage to get it done! I really want piping but I am not a seamstress...I'm scared, really really scared! Lucky that I have some brilliant seamstress friends who can whip stuff like this out without even looking. Whew!

After the pillows I will be attempting to repaint the table that you see under the lamp. Then I'll be painting all of the walls. Look for a paint color survey in the near future! Still so many projects and so little time!

3 comments:

Jeff and Jen said...

Cool...your stuff is looking good. I have a few things that I am looking to paint soon so I'm inspired by you :).

A. Schoonie said...

You are so ambitious! I love that you are so willing to try and and make things and redo other things. I am such a scaredy cat when it comes to colors and attempting to redo things. I am always afraid I am going to mess it up:) Your lamp and table both look awesome!
Ash

Cap Creations said...

Hi there! I love how your table came out! Great job!